Sunday, February 28, 2010

2010 is Here!

Well I feel like I should try and do a better job posting in 2010... But we will see how that goes. It is already the end of February so I'm already behind a bit.

The new year has been great so far. I did make some resolutions, but I'm afraid to share them in case I let them fall by the wayside, which usually happens. But you all won't hold me to them right? So the main goal for this year is to cut our debt way down. We want to get those credit cards paid off. Lets hope we can do that this year or at least get really close!
We are also going to make an extra house payment and pay extra on cars and student loans. So there won't be any grand vacations this year, but thats okay we will still have fun and feel good about getting out of debt :) Then we can really have fun right? This year it will be the simple things that count! Other than that I am going to run another half marathon in May, and try to eat better (which means I should probably cook more too huh?) We just saw Food Inc.(the documentary, if you haven't seen it check it out) and I know we are for sure doing our garden again this year and I'm going to try to buy local more often as well. Those are the top three among other personal goals, but I think they are doable!

On Jan 30th, my baby turned 2! Ella wanted a Dora the Explorer Birhtday Party so we invited friends and family over to my sister's new home and had a great time. We did a cake walk game, and a pull ribbon Dora pinata! Ella just amazes me as she grows. She is doing everything so much faster than MaKenna did because she is trying to keep up with her older sister and her cousin. She is pretty much full potty trained (only wearing pull-ups while sleeping), and her language abilities are very advanced. She has been talking in full scentences for a few months now. It is quite fun to watch her. She is my handful though, she is the bully in the family for sure. MaKenna was so sweet and shy, but Ella is strong and fiesty. She was biting for awhile, but I think that is pretty much over now (thank goodness). Every day after I would pick her up from the daycare I would ask, "Did you have a good day?" and her answer would be, "I didn't bite Gwen (her friend) today". Pretty sad when she knows she has to tell me when she didn't bite someone. Like I said she is the hand full. One morning I came out of the shower and hear MaKenna yelling "mom, get in here" then Ella came running into the bathroom with the toliet bowl cleaner in her hand and a look on her face telling me she was up to no good. My first thought was "Ella you didn't put that in your mouth did you?", "No" , Then I walk out into the living room and she had made a beautiful art design all over the hardwood floor with the toilet bowl cleaner. Thank goodness I got it wiped up right away and it didn't hurt the floor at all, but I really have to watch that girl. She is fun though and has such a personality. Love her so much!

Feb brought Valentines day and that was fun. Richie took the girls up to the mountain to go sledding in the snow and they had fun doing that. I had to work so I missed it, but they took video for me to watch! But then at the end of the month the girls got very sick. They got fevers and the pediatritions book says not to take them in unless the fever is over 105 (which seems so high to me)or if it lasts for 3 days. So on the fourth day of fever for Ella I called and got them in because they were miserable and they were starting to cough a lot too. When I took them in MaKenna's temp was 103 and Ella's was 104. The Doc said that they had a virus, but it settled in their lungs and she could hear that Ella definately had pnemonia and it sounded like Kenna also had some cracking in her lungs. So they were perscribed anti-biotics (thank goodness). Sometimes I feel bad because when I take them in, I'm secretly hoping they have an infection so that they will prescribe meds and I won't just hear "its a virus nothing we can do." But I have never seen them this sick and they were not themselves. Ella was constantly falling asleep and very fussy, I couldn't stand to see them suffer. But they have been on meds now for 3 days and are getting back to their playful selves :) So we are hoping for a speedy recovery!

The spring has come early here and we are already seeing blossoms in the trees and I just love it. We are getting ready to think about our garden this year and I'm ready for the warmer weather. My tulips are comming up too! Spring also means The Yard Guys get busy, but Richie is so blessed that his company has not really been affected by the bad economy. Well looking forward to keeping you all up to date better this year...we'll see ;)

No comments: