Saturday, June 13, 2009

Catching up

June 4th was MaKenna's 3rd Birthday. I can't believe that she is three. We had a princess tea party. All her guests dressed up in their princess dresses! And Preston was the only boy in his prince outfit... so cute! It was a ton of fun! It was a crazy day though because we had a horrible thunder storm come in that afternoon before her party and we were even in a TORNADO warning. It was flash flooding. I was worried we would have to cancle, but thankfully it passed in time for the party. My friend Jamie came over and did MaKenna's hair in an "up do" for the party. She looked like she was turning 16 and heading to the prom! MaKenna requested cupcakes with pink frosting and sprinkles ;) Love that! Her daddy spoiled her with a new bike! So much fun.










The next weekend, I had to work, but Richie took the girls camping with Mary and Jason for the weekend. They went over towards Bend to the Prinville Reservoir. We bought a fifth wheel RV so we are enjoying being able to do some more camping this year! Richie was brave taking the girls. It was so weird being home all by myself. That has not happened at all in three years. Usually if I am not with the girls I am not at home and I am at least still with Richie. But I didn't know what to do with my freedom. I would wake up and just have to worry about getting myself ready, not everyone else....imagine that. I was very clear with Richie about one thing. I was not going to spend my alone time cleaning. I decided to scrapbook all weekend and catch up on some projects I've been working on!









Other things to catch up on...
I have taken up running in my spare time... and I just ran in the Eugene Half Marathon. I was very impressed with myself and I hope to build up to a marathon next summer to at least be able to say I did it! I did very well finishing in 2 hours and 10 mins (about 10 min miles)!

MaKenna also ran in her first race at the Awesome 3000 event in Bush Park. Her age group ran around 3/4 of the track. I ran with her, but she did great. She ran the whole way. She got to run with her cousin Ayla and her friend Cora. They got medals and books at the finish line. So proud of her!




Ella is talking so much lately and she is such a daddy's girl. I have never seen a child so attached to their dad. I'm thankful though because MaKenna is going through a stage where she wants mommy to do everything. I have to buckle her into her carseat. I have to wash her in the bathtub. So its nice that Ella is very willing to go to Richie! I'm so blessed with a husband who is such a good dad. He really does just as much for the girls as I do.

I started working 4/10s now so I have Thrusdays off and I'm loving it! It is so nice to have an extra day to work on projects around the house of do fun things with the girls. We got to go to the zoo this week! We also opened up a daycare on site at my work, so the girls are always right there while I'm working and I get to go see them on breaks and at lunch. I couldn't ask for a better working environment! Counting my blessings again!

Zoo Trip Pictures...





I've also found time this year to really get into gardening again. I made it a point to get some flowers in the backyard and try to make the yard look better this year. It's embarassing that we own a landscaping bussiness, but our yard looked aweful last year. I guess that's what happens when Richie works on other peoples' yards all week, he doesn't want to work on our on the weekend. But I love gardening and now that Ella is older, it is easier for me to get out there with the girls and actually get something done. We also are doing a vegetable garden at my parents. We really like to make homemade salsa so we planted all the things we need for that plus some corn and bell peppers. I'm excited to see how it all turns out! My thumb is turning greener this year!

My next project is to paint the upstairs hallway and our bedroom... so we'll see how that turns out. I also really want to get a new fence in our back yard. All three sides of our yard have different styles of fencing and they are all crapy. So we are saving up for a nice one.

We are planning a trip out East this summer in September for a wedding and we are looking forward to visiting with family while we are out there as well.

Here are some more pics of our Spring Fun!








Well how's that for an update. I will try to do better at posting!

No comments: