Saturday, June 12, 2010

MaKenna Turns 4!!!


I can't believe it is possible.  Time just keeps going by so fast.  MaKenna turned 4 on June 4th.  We had  a Princess and the Frog themed Bayou Birthday Boogie!!  We had a pizza party on her birthday, Friday night after work.  I attempted to make frog cake balls.  They turned out okay, but it took me awhile to get the hang of the dipping technique.  We played pin the kiss on the frog, but it wasn't a big hit (maybe they are still too young for this game).  MaKenna wanted to just peak so she could get the lips right on the frog's mouth :)  We also did some dancing to The Princess and the Frog soundtrack!  I am just loving her at this age.  She is becoming so independent, and she is learning to make choices for herself.  So far so good.  Let's just hope she continues to make good choices throughout her life!  After her party we shifted gears to pack for camping for the weekend.  I know... sometimes I wonder why we do it to ourselves, but it is all worth it.










She got a Princess fishing pole!






Don't laugh at those frog cake balls.  I tried.






Saturday morning Richie and my dad took off around 5 am to head to Diamond Lake with our 5th-wheel RV in tow.  They were meeting up with my dad's cousin Clark for some trout fishing on the lake.  My mom, Mary, Ayla, the girls, and I took off around 10:30 to head over there and meet them.  We had a great time camping.  It wasn't very warm though and rained a little.  We've had a very slow start to the summer season around here.  In fact there were still patches of snow up where we were camping.  On Sunday we took the girls out on the boat and it was fun because we had bought MaKenna a fishing pole for her birthday so she got to fish with it.  We were hoping to catch a fish with her pole, but it didn't happen.  We did however catch a lot of fish and we cooked up some fresh trout for dinner one night!  And I happened to catch the biggest one, 21 inches!!! (no bragging here) :)  So MaKenna had a fun birthday weekend camping!

                                                                         YUM! Breakfast in the camper!


MaKenna playing Lasso Golf...so fun!
Mary, Ayla & Kenna on the boat!



My friend gave Kenna a camping hand-me-down shirt and it is so cool because it even glows in the dark!  She loved it :)




                                              



MaKenna using her new fishing pole!



Then my sister's birthday follows MaKenna's.  Mary's birthday is June 9th.  It was a big one for her because it was her 30th!!! I couldn't let her get away without celebrating 30 years, so last night (Friday) we went to Portland and celebrated the decade of her birth the 1980s!  We dressed up in 80s attire and ate at a restaurant called Oba! then headed over the Crystal Ballroom for the 80s dance video attack that they do on Friday nights!  So much fun to be silly once in a while and just have fun!






















Today the sun finally decided to come to Salem!!! This is the latest date to reach 80 degrees in the recorded history.  But we finally did it and I'm so happy to see the sun.  We went to a couple garage sales this morning (love, love, love garage sales)!  Then came home and did yard work.  I got the pool out for the girls and they had a ton of fun in the pool.  I got a little sun burn, not bad, but I wanted to get some color, so it will be okay.  Now I am relaxing and blogging. 


No comments: